1- Whats is branding?
The process involved in creating a unique name and image for a product in the consumers’ mind, mainly through advertising campaigns with a consistent theme. Branding aims to establish a significant and differentiated presence in the market that attracts and retains loyal customers.
2- How to Create an Authentic Brand Story that Actually Improves Trust?
Storytelling is all the rage. More and more brands are comprehending the power of stories to transform their presence and identity.
– The Power of Stories to Create Trust: There is good reason for the popularity of stories among brands, businesses, and individuals. Stories are a powerful tool in human communication. Research indicates that the human brain responds to the descriptive power of stories in deeply affecting ways, influencing both the sensory and motor cortex. To read a story is to feel an experience and to synchronize our minds with the subject of the story. Synchronize is the right word.
– The story must be driven through personality: your story is inspired by the presence of people who participate, create, connect, and develop the saga of growth and success. People trust other people. The core reason why your story should be personality-driven is so that it will provide someone real for customers to trust.
– The story should be simple. Every story has a beginning, a middle, and an end. The three-part model mentioned above carries this natural progression:
Beginning: Problem. Explain the problem that you set out to solve.
Middle: Solution. Describe how you solved it.
End: Success. Get excited about the success this produced.
– The story shapes your reason for existence. Why does your business exist? The answer should be a story. An answer such as “to make money” are short-sighted. Your business might be making money. That’s fine and well. But why does your brand exist? What is the reason? The answer to that question requires that you tell a story.
– The story must connect with your customers. At its essence, a story isn’t really about your company. Your company is the construct, but the goal of the story is to create a connection with your customers. Tell your story in such a way that it tells your customers we relate to you, we understand you, we are like you. Few things can communicate that level of engagement like a story can.
– Customers should buy a part of the story, not just a product.“customers should buy part of the story” (not just be part of the story). The distinction is critical. Why? Because a customer is not only participating in the story itself, but they are participating in a monetary way. They engage the story by purchasing from the business that is telling the story. When a customer purchases your product, they must feel as if they are buying part of the story. The best way to explain this is to use the example of Patagonia, a brand that takes this to a whole new level. Patagonia uses the term “worn wear” to describe their clothing products that have endured for years. The product themselves, items that customers buy, are part of the brand’s story.
– Get other people to tell your story. I’ve described what the story is, but what about the how? How do you do this? In one sense, the story takes care of itself. A good story is shareable. Others will appreciate and engage in the story. That being said, there are a few things that you can do to enhance the stories virality:
Build your personal brand.
Be active on social media.
Tell the story everywhere.
Encourage your customers to tell the story.
Encourage storytelling everywhere.
Read the full article here https://blog.kissmetrics.com/create-authentic-brand-story/